Sunday, July 02, 2006

Apologia and Starting Point

"The Internet and World Health" might seem like a rather large area to take on in a blog. True, the Internet is a large area (6,240 megahits in Google) and World Health is a large area(64.1 megahits), but the intersection between the two is smaller (12 megahits). Adding OR "Public Health" brings us back to 66 megahits, but the lead article is from 2001.

The URL is www.whi-not.blogspot.com. WHI-NOT stands for "World Health and the Internet--Notes for our Time". Lame, but not too hard to remember.

Blogging is easy, and, after 41 years in public health, I don't have much to lose and do not work for a censoring organization, so here goes...

1 Comments:

Blogger rocknrollmd said...

Hi, Andy! I've been in public health 28 years, so I've only had a fraction of your experience. I'd like to tell you about my dream. Something that can access the world experience, whatever other people's experience is, in prevention, recognition, control and eradication of infectious diseases, including the ones that only recently have been recognized to be infectious. Working in a developing country (Dominican Republic), my main contact with the rest of my colleagues is the internet. I would like to have a place where I can come to learn, and also to share some of my findings. Good luck,
rocknrollmd

July 02, 2006 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home